BUILDING A MENTALPRENEURSHIP FOR ENTREPRENEURS
A healthy mind is a wealthy business- Sowemimo ABAYOMI.
Entrepreneurs and Intrapreneurs are agents of change . For all the time people spend concerned about physical strength, social relations, financial accumulation and health conditions, when it comes down to it, mental strength can mean even more having the overall effect on all and sundry. Particularly for entrepreneurs, numerous articles talk about—tenacity, grit, optimism, and an unfailing ABILITY. But I see this mental faculty area as very pivotal as the key to lock and unlock !
So I thought to myself I must build on this for myself and my Readers, here are 13 major cardinal mental tools for successful entrepreneurs:
1. Don’t Waste Time Feeling Sorry : You don’t see mentally strong people feeling sorry for their circumstances or dwelling on the way they’ve been mistreated. They have learned to take responsibility for their actions and outcomes, and they have an inherent understanding of the fact that frequently life is not fair. They are able to emerge from trying circumstances with self-awareness and gratitude for the lessons learned. When a situation turns out badly, they refuse to join the pity-party. As an entrepreneur ,you should avoid this. Move on!!
2. Don’t Give Away Your Power Mentally: Stop giving others the power to make you feel inferior or bad. A mentalpreneurship understand that he is in control of his actions and emotions. They know their strength is in their ability to manage the way they respond.
3. Be an agent of Change and Growth: Mentally strong people embrace change and they welcome challenge. Their biggest “fear,” if they have one, is not of the unknown, but of becoming complacent and stagnant. An environment of change and even uncertainty can energize a mentally strong person and bring out their best. Change is constant , Growth is optional.
4. Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control: Mentally strong people don’t just sit back and COMPLAIN , rather they seek for the solutions. In a bad situation, they recognize that the one thing they can always control is their own response and attitude, and they use these attributes well.
5. Worry About Pleasing Others: Know any people pleasers? Or, conversely, people who go out of their way to dis-please others as a way of reinforcing an image of strength? Neither position is a good one. A mentally strong person strives to be kind and fair and to please others where appropriate, but is unafraid to speak up. They are able to withstand the possibility that someone will get upset and will navigate the situation, wherever possible.
6. Fear Taking Calculated Risks: Entrepreneurship is all about taking calculated risks. A mentally strong person is willing to take calculated risks. This is a different thing entirely than jumping headlong into foolish risks. But with mental strength, an individual can weigh the risks and benefits thoroughly, and will fully assess the potential downsides and even the worst-case scenarios before they take action.
7. Dwell on the Past: Their is strength in acknowledging the past and especially in acknowledging the things learned from past experiences— so you dont grope bindly into the future. A mentally strong person is able to avoid miring their mental energy in past disappointments or in fantasies of the “glory days” gone by. They invest the majority of their energy in creating an optimal present and sustaining future.
8. Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over: We all know the definition of insanity, right? It’s when we take the same actions again and again while hoping for a different and better outcome than we’ve gotten before. A mentally strong person accepts full responsibility for past behavior and is willing to learn from mistakes. Research shows that the ability to be self-reflective in an accurate and productive way is one of the greatest strengths of spectacularly successful executives and entrepreneurs.
10. Give Up After Failure: Every failure is a chance to improve. Even the greatest entrepreneurs are willing to admit that their early efforts invariably brought many failures. Mentally strong people are willing to fail again and again, if necessary, as long as the learning experience from every “failure” can bring them closer to their ultimate goals.
11. Fear ‘Alone Time’ : Mentally strong people enjoy and even treasure the time they spend alone. They use their downtime to reflect, to plan, and to be productive. Most importantly, they don’t depend on others to shore up their happiness and moods. They can be happy with others, and they can also be happy alone.
12. Feel the World Owes Them Anything: Particularly in the current economy, executives and employees at every level are gaining the realization that the world does not owe them a salary, a benefits package and a comfortable life, regardless of their preparation and schooling. Mentally strong people enter the world prepared to work and succeed on their merits, at every stage of the game with a will to MAKE IT!
13. Expect Immediate Results: Whether it’s a workout plan, a nutritional regimen, or starting a business, mentally strong people are “in it for the long haul”. They know better than to expect immediate results. They apply their energy and time in measured doses and they celebrate each milestone and increment of success on the way. They have “staying power.” And they understand that genuine changes take time.
TIME TO BUILD YOUR MENTALPRENEURSHIP STRENGTH ……
The MIND is EVERYTHING,
WHAT YOU THINK,